Saturday, January 5, 2013

Single Digits and Counting.

Wednesday January 2nd we went to the Doctor. I had dilated a little as far as my internal OS goes but no external changes. I am continuing to take the Procardia (every 6 hours) to stop contractions that I didn't know I was having!? Anyways- it seems to be working because Doc was pleased with my "slight" change and I didn't have to have a NST (Non Stress Test). All in all- I have to step away from all this and say that God is good. Even throughout all that has gone on during our pregnancy (threatened miscarriage, extreme nausea/vomiting, insurance issues, family pings, bed rest, early dilation, and income loss) WE ARE BLESSED!!!! My husband is home with me everyday. He tends to all my needs, takes me places if I want to just get out for a second, wakes up every morning praying over me and doing devotionals, and has not slacked up one bit to when it comes to doing the house chores. We have developed hobbies together (XBOX football- note to wives- its not THAT bad. I actually enjoy it;  when I am winning- which is rare and I love the HUGE grin and laugh that takes over my husband when I throw the controller and poke my lip out when I toss an interception or get sacked). My favorite hobby of all- is reading devotionals together though. The Lord always provides the right one for that day for us. The scriptures are always on point- and I am reassured daily that all this is for a reason and our faith is being tested and strengthened to unbelievable levels. I know that one day we will be able to share our testimony with another person or couple.

Which brings me to this- People are amazing. Our church family is phenomenal, our Pastor is amazing, our friends are blessings, our parents are supportive and precious, and have done so much to help us through this tough time. I am so thankful that Hayden is coming into such an amazing support group.

NINE WEEKS! (AHHH)- until Haydens due date (actually 2 months from tomorrow [1/6/13]). I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has flown/is flying by.

The Doc actually says I come off my medicine @ 34 weeks (2.5 weeks away)... and I am free from bed-rest @ 35 weeks. This means- when I come off the meds that are preventing labor, she thinks I will quickly progress into labor (as my cervix is mushy-gross i know-but deal with it.) So Hayden COULD well be here as early as 3-4 weeks. I know when he does come he will be ready and so will Mommy & Daddy. We cannot wait to get our hands on him and kiss his precious cheeks (which by the way are monuments @ the Dr's office)- they cannot get over how fat his cheeks are in his sonograms. WHOOO-HOO.



Tid-Bits:
How big is baby? about 4lbs if I had to guess. It was over 3 lbs 4 weeks ago. According to "thebump.com" He is the size of a 'pineapple'. I dont know how they get these measurements? h
Weight gain/loss? Down 2 pounds from previous visit. I do NOT know how this is happening considering the past week of my life I have lets just say 'indulged" in my wants. 
Sleep: Amazing. I had to throw the boppy in the floor. Unfortunately it was causing me to not sleep for some reason. I tossed it and have slept every night since? Who knows. 
Movement: 
He hiccups a lot. He punches my bladder AND kicks my ribs (at the same time). I can literally watch my belly move and roll from one side to the other. Its amazing. 
Symptoms: Does stir crazy count?? Since I am on bed rest-I find anything and EVERYTHING to do (behind my hubbys back of course). When I say anything and everything let me add that this means I pinterest a lot, play xbox, read books on my kindle, play games, and i even resulted in coloring last night. CRAZY.
Food cravings: Oranges and Lemons?!? & I have been craving chocolate this week (which is unusual- im not a big chocolate person). 
Belly button: Still an Innie

What I miss:   
My job and my co workers. BUT this too shall pass and I know the end result will be a healthy baby boy. 

What I'm looking forward to? 

Painting some stuff for the nursery. My amazing Mother in Law is out buying canvases to work on for Haydens hospital door and some odd and end crafts for his room (Pinterest inspired, of course). I will finally have something to do, so I cannot wait.

Mommy reflections: 

This week I am understanding the importance of a valuable marriage. I have first hand watched so many marriages fail & it breaks my heart. I cannot imagine my life without Roy in it. He seriously is my soul-mate and my other half. Its unbelievable that this man will be a Dad in a month or so. My love literally triples for him everyday. His longing to be more Christ like is so romantic (ladies you know what I mean), and his drive to provide and do anything for me, our baby, and this home is enough to ramble on and on about for weeks. I pray my son is half the man his Daddy is. If he is, he will make one lucky lady very happy! 



Ill share some of our chunky cheek pics with you now. The ultrasound tech was able to get FIFTEEN 4-D pics of our little man. Needless to say, he finally participated. I will post a few favorites. 
OH, and in case you havent heard- he looks just like his Daddy. I am officially serving the purpose solely as his 'baking' spot until he arrives. 
OH well, at least my husband is handsome. 


Hayden on the left (Roy as a baby on the right) Crazy isnt it?

Love those big cheeks and lips!

Smiling and waving!! "HELLO WORLD" 



Roy as a baby. 



Thanks for sticking around and reading
Please be in prayer for 
*an income change
*a huge door to swing open for us when and if its the LORDS will ONLY
*Hayden to bake for at least 3 more weeks
*Momma to not go stir crazy on bed rest
*No huge changes at our next Doctor visit (1/9/12)
*Continued patience for Roy

Until next time, ENJOY! 








1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe that you are about to have a BABY! I love this post and the photos of a growing Hayden! Continue to rest up, sister! You will be back in the world before you know it! Praying for yall!

    ReplyDelete