Well- its hit our house.
The 'nesting' bug. We (I) have officially cleaned shelves & reorganized every room,closet,and cabinet in this house with a HUGE amount of help from Roy- because of course I am on modified bed rest.
All of Hayden's clothes and blankets have been washed, folded, and put away and I am finally getting the last finishing touches in on his room decorating.
Since I have had SO much time to do absolutely nothing, I have spent the past week or so working on projects (pinterest inspired of course) for his room.
The first project I started on was one to hang on his bedroom door:
I took a wooden letter from Hobby lobby, painted it green to match his bedding, added some wooden 1 inch letters down the front (after painting them white), then added a little decorative (pre painted) giraffe from Hobby Lobby to the base.
I (Roy) glued some brown ribbon to either side and tied it in a double knot and TA-DA- his door decoration was complete.
 |
| Sent by my mother in law from Hobby Lobby- when trying to decide on the little animal! |
 |
| Supplies needed (water of course to keep the contractions away) |
 |
| First coat of green paint (it took 4) |
 |
| Wooden 1 inch letters (painted white) by Peyton Adams :) |
 |
| Final coat of paint on |
 |
| Completed project |
The second project was inspired because I wanted something to go on his hospital door after delivery that I could hang in his room and keep for a long time. Feathered wreaths (or wreaths in general) seem to lose their touch and become boring over time as well as warped- So i chose a painting. I had recently saw that someone was selling them for close to 100.00 and knew this was out of mind- out of sight for me being in the 'frugal' state we are at this time- BUT i was determined to have exactly what I wanted for my delivery room door. I had my MIL pick up some canvases for me and ribbon - i shopped around online and jogged my brain before decided what exactly I wanted. All of the colors are inspired from the colors found in his bedding and I LOVE trains for little boys (and the bible verse Proverbs 22:6-which says "Train up a child the way they should go and when he is old he will not depart from it" - Such a moving and inspiring verse to bring a child in on. It really gives me motivation as a soon to be Mom. (Still not used to that)
ANYWAYS- after much hot gluing and help from Roy we had a completed delivery room door decor that if -I dont mind saying so myself- is pretty darn cute. No, its not professionally done and there are a LOT of imperfections in it BUT- I made it and I love it and its perfect to me. (OHHH & it cost less than $20.00)
 |
| Working on first layer for delivery room decor |
 |
| Letting the paint dry |
 |
Completed Delivery room sign
We have a doctors appointment tomorrow so you know what this means (NOT 1 but TWO blog posts in one week from the Vice's).
ITs my 34 week visit which entails our last shot @ a 4d ultrasound as well as a steroid shot for Hayden JUST in case he tries to come before 35 weeks. I have also had some pretty crazy contractions so I am thinking my dilation status will have changed as well (but we will see).
Please continue to pray for us. I know that you all are because there are days that I do not know where the strength to even get out of bed comes from- but it comes. I know when this beautiful baby boy is here we will look at all of this and laugh as it will not even be comparable to the miracle and joy that the Lord has blessed us with.
Continue to pray for a job for Roy. (& if anyone knows of one- keep your ear out for us and keep us in mind)
I know that the Lord has this. Its all in his timing.
Until next time (TOMORROW)- Enjoy |
Love LOVE LOVE your projects! Making them is always more meaningful than purchasing something. Your new blog layout is super cute, too! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Kalyn!! :)
DeleteI think so too!! & Thank you for the blog. It took me FOR-EVER to change so needless to say it will look this way for a while. (haha)