Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Great Reports

First off where do I start?
33 weeks & counting. I am so excited to be progressing along with a healthy pregnancy. Going to the Doctor always leaves me feeling super anxious. I always have to succumb to prayer on the way there and sing verse after verse on K-LOVE to calm my nerves.  I never know what the doc is going to say.
PLUS the first thing you do when they FINALLY call your name is put you on a scale that is GUARANTEED to be 'up' from last week. GEEZ. Whats a girl to do???

All jokes aside- being pregnant, doctor's visits, the scale, etc-its all just a huge blob of emotions. You're excited, happy, sad, nervous, anxious, everything-all in one or two hours. I usually leave rolling my eyes thinking "Well God, you did it again-another super healthy visit."

Today- I sat in the corner of the Doctors office (for those of you who see Dr. Nelson- know that she has the comfortable gorgeous couches and she is the ONLY doctor in this area of the country that I would even consider seeing- but I am not the only one who feels that way- so the wait is usually a good one...(at least an hour). Anyways.  Today I plopped down-got the Kindle out and played a game that takes absolutely no brain cells, but for the first time- i did not worry about anything. They finally called my name and of course- We hit the scales running. (No, literally- i jump on them the number pops up and im instantly off). This is the time that I turn to Roy and threaten his sweet and precious life if he even so much glances towards the scales. I always give him this glare and he always laughs and says "yeah yeah- i know."
(When im skinny one day (one day).. I will consider him looking. but until then- He better not even think about it. ) HAHA

Once in the room I found a magazine that had the top safest strollers for 2013 - I was so happy to see the one we chose (Aprica Moto Travel System-Twilite) on the list ( as number 3). Then I read an article to Roy about breastfeeding and the importance of bonding with your baby. Roy played a game on his phone and mumbled a few mmmhmms every now and then. Bless his heart. HAHA I know he is so tired of hearing about boobs in the sense I refer to them as.. and the importance of breast feeding and bonding. I know all he can see is hunting trips, fishing trips, and dad/son bonding moments.
He is so amazing though. I know I harp on this often- but since Roys change in job status- I have appreciated him even more than ever. He has made bedrest so much smoother for me. He helps out around the house so much. I dont even have to say anything- or mention one word. (be jealous ladies). He is my prince charming. I swear i do not know how I was chosen to be so blessed. But i am FOREVER grateful to God for it.

Needless to say doc came in, checked us out and NO CHANGES again, yall! WAHOO. She did laugh and say "you're coming off these meds in 2 weeks and i am almost certain he will come on" This means we could have a baby in as little as 3 weeks but 7 weeks tops (if he goes to term).
She sent me for an ultrasound to check cervical length (it was 3.2)- was 3.8 last week BUT as long as its above 3 until 35/36 weeks- no issues. I will also get to come off bed rest in 2 weeks. YESSSSSS!
We also found out in the ultrasound that Hayden is down and ready to crown. BAHAHA- just a little maternity humor. Seriously though- he is no longer breech. I have felt him kicking the mess out of my ribs again... GOD HAS ANSWERED YET ANOTHER PRAYER for the health of my baby. We were also told that he is still measuring ahead & the ultrasound lady oooohh'd and ahhhh'd over the fact that she could tell that he had a HEAD FULL of hair even on the ultrasound. WHOOO I hope this is true. Curly locks like this Daddy. Sweet little thing.
His heart rate was 146. (That gender mess is so untrue. My baby has not been below 135 since I became pregnant & he is definitely a boy). If he doesn't show us anything- he always shows his boy 'parts'. Proud little sweet thing.

I left today in a fabulous mood. The hubby allowed me to run in and grab some acrylic paint to finish up my Pinterest projects (I will post those when they are complete). & we grabbed lunch @ O'Charleys and headed to the house. Its so weird having to ask permission to eat lunch and grab paint. But whatever to keep my baby safe for a few more weeks- this momma is so for it.



Tid-Bits:
How big is baby? Around 5 pounds. According to baby bump he is the size of Durian fruit. (WHATEVER the heck that is). 
Weight gain/loss? Up 2 pounds. My weight gain is around 16 lbs total this entire pregnancy. YAY!  
Movement: 
We are doing all kinds of flipping and flopping and punching and jabbing. :) 
Symptoms: PEE, PEE, & more PEE. Its a hourly deal.
Food cravings: Chinese again. I need this fulfilled-asap.  
Belly button: Still an Innie

What I miss:   
Being able to paint my toes without being out of breath. 
(its the little things, yall).

What I'm looking forward to? 

My next doctors appointment- we will get our last attempt @ a 4D- the next time after that we will see our sweet man when he in our arms! :) 

Mommy reflections: 
Gotta finish the nursery up and pack a bag for Hayden, Roy, & me and wash all his clothes and sheets. The nursery is almost complete. Which is a huge blessing- just gotta add my finishing touches. I am also EXTREMELY excited about my baby shower that is coming up. I cannot wait to see everyone and receive gifts to shower and welcome our sweet baby boy into the world. (& EAT GOOD FOOD), of course. 

33 weeks- Hayden is the size of Durian Fruit (whatever that is).

Thank you to all the prayer warriors that have been and continue to pray on Roy, Hayden's, and my behalf.
Please continue to pray for:
*continued health for Hayden and me
*a job for Roy
*continued patience and faith for both of us
*reassurance that doors are about to swing wide open for our sweet little family



No comments:

Post a Comment