Saturday, December 29, 2012

Vacation & Such

Whew.
Where.do.I.start?

Its been a minute since I have had time to sit down and catch up on the blog.
In the past 2 weeks my pregnancy, marriage, and faith have been tested and ALL have passed.

For those of you who know what has transpired within the past week of Roys and  my life you will know and understand all of this. Those who do not, simply enjoy the blog and pray without ceasing for us.

First off let me start by saying- God is so good.
I am sharing moments with you that Roy and I have shared as husband and wife, not to allow you into our personal life or to share intimate moments with us,  but to be able to AMPLIFY how amazing God is.

Three weeks ago- Roy and I sat down and discussed  how we weren't happy where we were in our walk with Christ. We wanted more. We wanted to draw nearer to him. We wanted a much more personal relationship with him individually and together.
BOY, OH BOY- does God hear our cries.

Since then, so many things have 'evolved'. I have been placed on bedrest @ 30 weeks. My FFN test came back positive (this test simply says 'hey, shes going to deliver in 2 weeks if we dont get her off her feet') and although I am anxious for Hayden to be here, I am wanting him to bake a little bit longer than 2 weeks. I am subjected to feet up, bathroom breaks, bed, medication to stop contractions (and cause headaches out of this world), BUT he is healthy as am I, and that is ultimately the purpose of this and all that matters. This leads me to: about a month ago- Roy and I decided to buckle down on our spending habits. We have began the Dave Ramsey plan and have developed a small savings and paid off a few small debts. No, not a coincidence. It was God. The Lord knew our income would be 'altered' in more than one way and he prepared us for this.

There are so many things that we simply cannot control happening daily in our life. We have questioned God, his reasoning, his meaning, his purpose.
Yet, somehow everyday we wake up and our morning daily devotions have been devoted to topics such as "Trusting God", "God directing our paths.", 'Bad' things happening to those who are righteous, Not letting those that are 'evil' prevail, and most importantly- letting the Holy Spirit lead and knowing when it is the Holy Spirit leading you.

We have obviously been reassured several times in the past 48 hours that everything that is going on in our life is a God thing, not because of a human, or for punishment- but simply because there are far better things in store for us. Our plan never works out. So, of course when we let the Holy Spirit lead us- a new plan evolves- the single plan that we should have been following all along- Gods plan.

Our devotion this morning:
"So I Say"
-Are you open to listening to what the Holy Spirit has to say? Its difficult to know when it is the Holy Spirit leading you, but there are several discernible ways. First, you are open to guidance. Second you are ready to obey what the Holy Spirit guides you to do even if it is outside of your comfort zone. Third, you know the difference between your feelings and the promptings of the Holy Spirit. So, let it guide your life.

Galatians 5:16 is referenced.

This is just one of our devotions this morning- the other was just as powerful.
Needless to say- yesterday I felt like we were in this downward tunneling pit and today- I feel like we are refreshed, renewed and doing exactly what God wants us too.
Its so hard as humans to hand over EVERYTHING (and i do mean everything) to God and letting go of all control.
But, what way is better? His or ours?

I know that the Lord takes care of those who work and love his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
& I know that he knows the heart of each and every person.
Those two things in itself are enough to get us through.

Roy & I have been through so much during this pregnancy and I thought it was for punishment- but its for strength, for faith, and to develop a relationship with each other and God that not a single person or even the devil can break. So I say, "BRING IT ON".

I hope this finds each and everyone of you well. I know we all struggle daily over having control and giving it to God 100%.


On a side note. Hayden is no longer breech. He is in delivery position AND after our AMAZING anniversary vacation and wonderful Christmas with all of our families- we came home and he COOPERATED on the 4D. He has my nose- but its safe to say- He is going to look just like his handsome Daddy. I just pray that he has the strength, faith, determination, and hope that his Daddy has. At times this week- its been unshakable. I am forever grateful he is the man God placed at my side for forever.


[Ill take this time to share pics of vacay- christmas- and our sweet baby boy]


 We love each and everyone of you- Please continue to pray for us- Prayer is the only way God will hear our cries- and the only way the desires of our heart will be answered. He knows our need- just go to the throne on our behalf.




Hayden with his mouth open.

He found both of his sweet little hands. 

Haydens little foot. His nose is on his knee. 
Our drive to Cades Cove



Gotta love auto shoot on the Cannon. 

Probably one of my favorite pictures. An abandoned old store in Townsend, TN

Our little getaway 

View from side balcony

Sarah's festive Christmas Decor. 

Sisterly Love

One of my favorite gifts.
(Actually a gift for Hayden)
But still, one of my favorites. 

Christmas with Dad

Full of joy and laughter.

Love my husband 

Christmas with Mom


4 Generations (one in the making) :) 


Christmas with the in-laws.

Mother in laws beautiful tree.

Ecstatic about my keurig. 



Until next time, ENJOY! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment