WHOO-HOO
My Third Trimester is officially here!
Who knew 28 weeks would come around so quickly.
Tid-Bits:
How big is baby? Approx 2lbs 13 oz (the size of an eggplant this week). I think this may refer to weight- he looks much bigger than an eggplant, when I think about holding one. But hey, who knows?
Weight gain/loss? Down 1 pound. Working on my fitness, obviously. HAHA
Sleep: Its finally an existence in my life. I broke down and bought a Boppy maternity pillow and it is ahhh-mazing (as promised). Last night was night number 3 (in a row), that I slept the entire night [not even waking up to pee].
Weight gain/loss? Down 1 pound. Working on my fitness, obviously. HAHA
Sleep: Its finally an existence in my life. I broke down and bought a Boppy maternity pillow and it is ahhh-mazing (as promised). Last night was night number 3 (in a row), that I slept the entire night [not even waking up to pee].
Movement: Hayden is on the move. I feel new movements everyday! Im starting to feel his little hiccups too. [I had no clue this was what it was- but we caught him on camera today (u/s) and I got to watch AND feel him hiccup]. Can we say precious? Best feeling ever! (the nurse informed us this was an awesome sign- it shows that his lungs are developing accurately and on time!)
Symptoms: None today- I have actually felt pretty good this entire week. No nausea, no constipation (TMI), but the 'round ligament pain' is in full swing.
Food cravings: Chinese food (yes, I had some today) & Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshakes from Chic-Fil-A.
Symptoms: None today- I have actually felt pretty good this entire week. No nausea, no constipation (TMI), but the 'round ligament pain' is in full swing.
Food cravings: Chinese food (yes, I had some today) & Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshakes from Chic-Fil-A.
Belly button: Still an Innie
What I miss: Not a thing. I am absolutely enjoying my pregnancy as of right now. I am finally sleeping and feeling good.
What I'm looking forward to? Hopefully a vacation away with the husband [I'll explain hopefully later] & Christmas. This is by far my favorite time of year!
Mommy reflections: This week I am learning that some things are beyond our control and that the Lord's will; always prevails no matter what. I also found myself sitting in his nursery reading a book in the glider several times this week.
What I'm looking forward to? Hopefully a vacation away with the husband [I'll explain hopefully later] & Christmas. This is by far my favorite time of year!
Mommy reflections: This week I am learning that some things are beyond our control and that the Lord's will; always prevails no matter what. I also found myself sitting in his nursery reading a book in the glider several times this week.
Now- the good stuff:
My 28 week Doctors visit-
Well after adding 100 grams of carbs to my meal (Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday) I had to fast Tuesday night and go in for my 3 Hour glucose test Wednesday morning.
First off let me say- I passed my first Glucose test with flying colors (85). BUT because Roy and I were large babies and diabetes is prevalent in my family I had to do the 3 hours test, just in case. [Will know results tomorrow-12/13/12]. -Please be in prayer-
Anyways- after arriving @ the doctor @ 7:45 with an 8:00 appointment in hopes of taking a glucose test; getting a 4d ultrasound of my sweet boy, and a good check up- we waited for about 30 minutes- The ultrasound tech finally got us back and guess who didnt cooperate??? Hayden. He was folded literally into a 'V' with his feet and hands in front of his face. All we were able to get was a picture of the right side of his face which showed us that he has FAT CHEEKS! YESSSS!
The lab tech was an entire hour late for work. So @ 8:45 we started my glucose test-
1st with a fasting stick
THEN I had to drink a 100g of glucose.
Now, I am going to take a TIME OUT right here- and make note to all currently delivered mothers, currently pregnant mothers, and women who are considering getting pregnant- THIS IS NOT THAT BAD. It tasted like super sweet Hawaiian Punch. It made me feel blah afterwards since it was the only thing on my stomach in 19 hours, but it was not as terrible as I had expected.
This was followed by 3 (what turned into 4 ) additional blood draws every hour consecutively for 3 hours. By the final one @ 11:45 I was STARVING! :) The hubby so willingly let me indulge in Chinese food [lo-mein, honey chicken, and an egg roll]- It was FANTASTIC!
Anyways- after a non cooperative baby (he is definitely my husbands child- STUB-BORN), a not so terrible sugar drink and 5 blood sticks later, I got to see my doctor. She greeted me with "This is going to be a BIG baby" We shall see.
We then got to do a 'check' [i will leave it @ that-insert imagination here], where we discovered my cervix is 'softening' and I am a fingertip dilated (TMI)-again. [feel free to hit the 'X' if this is too much for you].
Needless to say a little panic set in. It hit me that we are in the home stretch of this pregnancy. I know we have 12 weeks (3 months) until the due date- but its so surreal that we are in the 3rd trimester- and he could come in 8-12 weeks and be completely healthy & 'term'.
We didnt discuss bedrest- she just told me no heavy lifting and to take it easy. We will see how I do with that.
I have to go back Monday (12/17/12) to check my cervix again-
The hubby & I are SUPPOSED to leave for our 2 year anniversary trip on Tuesday headed to Gatlinburg- BUT the doc says dependent upon how the cervix is looking I may not get to make that trip. (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be in prayer)-
The hubby & I are SUPPOSED to leave for our 2 year anniversary trip on Tuesday headed to Gatlinburg- BUT the doc says dependent upon how the cervix is looking I may not get to make that trip. (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be in prayer)-
We really want Hayden to stay locked up in there to cook at least another 10 weeks & I really want to spend 5 days in the mountains with my husband and cherish the little bit of 'us' time we have left.
Needless to say I have been a tad emotional today- But after lots of prayer I am starting to feel better about all of this.
Needless to say I have been a tad emotional today- But after lots of prayer I am starting to feel better about all of this.
I read a little on softening (thank you Google & NO just because I am a nurse does not make me a walking/talking medical knowledge book- SURPRISE- this IS my first pregnancy by the way. HAHA) But Google made me feel a little better about the softening (it isnt too uncommon as well as the dilation) I just have to be sure to take things slow and dont over do it as far as lifting goes. Lets pray about that too.
ohhhhh and by the way- my veins STINK. That is by far, hands down, the worst part of a glucose test. Id drink the sugary hawaiian punch any day.
ohhhhh and by the way- my veins STINK. That is by far, hands down, the worst part of a glucose test. Id drink the sugary hawaiian punch any day.
I will try to update on Monday before our trip! :)
Until then, Enjoy!
![]() |
| Yes, these are bruises. HAHA |
![]() |
| Seven months. |



Getting. SO. EXCITED!! I'll be praying for y'all. And you look beautiful, by the way :)
ReplyDelete- Hayden's fav cousin