On December 12 Roy and I went in for my monthly checkup [this is an update if you read the previous blog]. As you all know I was 28 weeks (7months) and we missed out on our 4D- because Hayden was being a tad bit stubborn. During the check up my Doctor discovered that I had become 50%effaced, 1/2 cm dilated (fingertip), and had a 'softened' cervix. She mentioned possible bed rest-BUT those of you that know me, know that I will be crazy if I am resulted to this. So I chose to 'behave' and take things super easy @ work. (BY THE WAY- i have amazing co workers who helped make that much more easier this past work weekend). I am so blessed to be surrounding by such awesome staff @ Choctaw General!
Anyways- We (My best friend -Amanda came down and subbed in for Roy who had to work) [she is absolutely awesome; by the way-i could not have hand picked a better BEST FRIEND] had to go back today (December 17, 2012) for a weekly checkup and to hopefully get approved for our 2 Year anniversary trip.
I took it super easy at work and the good news is- NOTHING has changed. ALL is well! No increase in dilation, softening, or effacing. PRAISE THE LORD.
I could have cried from happiness.
Having a baby is so exciting-do not get me wrong and if anyone is reading this that has been, is, or was pregnant you are well aware that when it begins to come down to the 'nitty-gritty' it gets exciting, you realize the blessing even more, but its also a tiny tad-bit overwhelming.
I just think that in 7 weeks- our baby could be here and be at a healthy 'full term' state. Lord willing he hangs for longer-BUT even if he does go to term- that still puts him 'popping out' in less than 3 months & when you tack numbers on , it makes it so surreal.
I just think about how wonderful and awesome a baby is- but the days of being lazy or spending one on one quality time with my husband is dwindling down. So today, when I was released as 'safe' to go on our 2 year anniversary trip tomorrow- I was completely relieved. I have prayed and prayed this past week to be able to spend this last little trip alone with my husband, secluded away in the smokey mountains, taking in what little time we have for just 'us'. I promised my doctor that I would spend the next 5 days being lazy on a couch, by a fire, doing absolutely nothing- just as long as Roy Oliver got to tag along. I did get in a SMALL compromise however. She said I could do anything that involved riding or sitting which means (yummy food) & Winter Wonderland Christmas light trolley tours. I have been researching some things we will hopefully be able to do if the weather permits (its supposed to snow). I will be 30 weeks at my next appointment when I get back (December 27th) and if I get a good report- (no changes like today) then that means, still no bed rest and we will be one week closer towards Hayden getting here at a 'safe' time.
I am so grateful for a supportive husband. He has been so encouraging the past week and showers me with love and help.
I came home last night after a long work weekend to 'orders' to take a bath, he would have dinner ready (my favorite- breakfast for dinner), and he even rubbed my poor, swollen feet. He really is the best husband and I know that he is going to make the best Dad! I cannot wait to see him in action.
Please continue to pray for us.
*Pray that Hayden hangs out a little while longer
*Pray that my cervix continues to go unchanged
*Pray for no bed rest.
*Pray for a safe trip for us to Gatlinburg.
*Pray for a good Doctors visit when we return.
Not sure if I will be able to update before Christmas- So Merry Christmas to everyone (make it blessed) and until next time- ENJOY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment