Thursday, November 29, 2012

26 WEEKS [&before]

As my second trimester comes to a closing, I cannot help but think back about how quickly the 26 weeks have come to pass. Finding out your pregnant at 5 weeks makes you want a baby in your arms even more quickly than imaginable. You feel like the first trimester will never end. So needless to say, the fact that the 2nd is finishing up is a tad exciting and yet overwhelming. I have battled progesterone suppositories due to low progesterone levels- &  (FYI progesterone is the hormone that helps keep baby attached to the uterus as well as the hormone that slows down digestion, which in turn- leads to increased nausea/morning sickness/vomiting,  and constipation.- YAY). I had my share of d.) all of the above for a solid 14 weeks. I still find myself hugging a trash can every now and then, but I quickly remind myself that this is a sign that the baby is healthy....or so the the Doc says. I will never forget the overpowering fear that a hormone controlled weather or not my baby stayed attached to my uterus. Needless to say- I gladly took the 400mg suppositories and put my faith and trust in God to help this baby 'hang on'. At 14 weeks pregnant I was instructed to come off of the progesterone because my level had increased and maintained and baby wasn't going anywhere. YIPEE!! I had also lost 8.5 lbs at this point from the sickness- you can imagine how thrilled I was that the baby wasn't effecting my 'America's Top Model' pre-pregnancy body. HA!
First [+] Pregnancy test (yes, there are 2 lines). 
We were pregnant in this picture & had NO idea! -Taken 6/23/2012


 I finally begin to enjoy my pregnancy- I started by telling people (making it public to social media, local friends/extended family). I begin to start shopping for stretchier pants (&discovered a belly-band-which allowed me to turn my pre-pregnancy Seven jeans into maternity jeans). #excitement.
I started to think about my future as a mother of this child, instead of blocking it out wandering if he would make it. I began to think of clothing options and make name lists for both genders. I begin to LOVE being pregnant.

At 16 weeks and 1 Day (on a Thursday)- we were allowed to come in and find out the gender of our sweet baby. We had planned on a Gender party for our families on the following Sunday. Needless to say, our sweet baby was stubborn as they come. it took literally 20 minutes of jabbing, bouncing, talking, pleading and begging, for our baby to literally bend over and give us a nice little shot of his butt & reveal his little 'turtle'. I of course knew 5 minutes into the ultrasound that it was a BOY, seeing as how he was stubborn and 'showing his butt' already. I have yet experienced an ultrasound as wonderful as that one. I found myself sobbing and looking at my husband who at the same time was grinning from ear to ear and had tears running down his cheek as he reached over and squeezed my hand. I saw this curly (but hard headed) little boy running around in diapers and boots trying to keep up with 'Daddy' , idolizing and watching his every move. I saw years lost between Roy and his father-gained back as Roy would experience father-hood with his son. I saw birthdays and Christmases filled with guns, camo, boots, knifes, four wheelers, yucky creepy crawlies, and tons of dirt. I never thought I could be so happy about a 'turtle.' I also knew this meant Mommy/baby boy lap and cuddle time. I knew this meant kissing a lot of boo-boos and near heart attacks for a lifetime- but I have never been more ready for any of it. We were having a BOY!


Team Blue @ the Gender Party 


My sister did a fabulous job preparing/dectoring 




Team Pink @ the Gender Party








































It took a solid extra week to name him. We knew we would take the name Wallace from Roys Dad (the late-George Wallace Vice)- but a first name was the hardest. I had lists- all of which Roy said ...'no', 'i don't know about that one', 'ummm thats a maybe'. So when I came across Hayden- and Roy said 'I really like that.' It was a signed and sealed deal. No turning back.

At 20 weeks we had an anatomy scan- our nerves were pretty on edge. They would tell me if my baby's brain, heart,  kidneys, stomach, lungs, etc were developing with all parts intact. I would also find out if the down syndrome gene in my Dads family had skipped our baby. You can imagine the relief when the radiologist said 'This babys femur (the femur is measured to reflect downs-if it is short =downs) is super long. Of course when I look at Roy- he is grinning because he has visions of a basketball player in mind. We received a video of Hayden that went through every part of his body; two kidneys, two lungs, a heart with four working chambers, a brain intact with all lobes, a fluid filled stomach (which shows digestion) and a bladder which means he is peeing. It was unbelievable. I had prayed and prayed for health first and foremost in this pregnancy and he was just that-healthy. They also informed me that he was weighing in at 17 oz (1 lb 1oz)- the average baby is about 12 oz at 20 weeks- however, my doctor wasnt/isnt budging on my due date. Oh well- everyone loves a chunky cheeked baby with rolls everywhere! :)

At 24 weeks I reached the 6 month milestone. (OVER HALF WAY THERE). What a blessing! Only 4 months to go until my sweet boy was bundled up in my arms. My baby was growing and I could feel his flutters and moves and punches and kicks more frequently. I love this feeling, mostly because no one else gets to feel him, except me. (yeah-yeah- call me selfish but I have to share him for a lifetime-9 months seems like nothing). I also began to develop a crystal ball- aka a protruding belly. Now mind you- I do love my tummy poking out- but random people/strangers/people i hardly know that come up rubbing it as if they are looking into it- tends to drive me up the wall. I felt bad for feeling this way- but it seems to be common. I don't mind if someone asks..and sometimes i will grab someones hand just to let them feel- but just coming across a room in a zombie walk aiming for my tummy- is a tad annoying. Ive decided I am going to start rubbing other peoples bellies (weather pregnant or not-when this happens). Of course its excused- I'm pregnant- I'm sure its the 'hormones' talking, but FAIR WARNING. I will rub back. Ive also experienced people asking me was I sure there was only one in there. These people usually get an eye roll and a 'yes, I'm positive.' Besides, I wasn't exactly a size ZERO when this whole pregnancy thing started.
 I will however, come up with a rather witty come-back for these comments. Just wait.
 My what to expect when expecting book warned me about this- But, I have to say i was quite appalled that people actually say these things. It does make me laugh though. Roy and I have decided that I'm just going to start saying "What are you talking about, my big belly?? Im not even pregnant". A mortified look to my answer to what I find is a rather dumb question will be much more entertaining than an eye roll.
 Gotta love the human tongue.


So here we are at 26 weeks and 1 day. Getting bigger & much more uncomfortable- my back aches all night, (I have so far refused to pay 60.00 for a big boppy body pillow-but i may be giving in soon). Sleep is lessening as well- my pee breaks are more and more frequent, my feet are swelling and making it hard to fit into my cute wedges/heels. I get these intense muscle cramps during the middle of night in my leg that make me want to say all kinds of four letter words-however, i refrain-pull my toes up and magically they go away. I am officially up 7 pounds pre pregnancy weight... I have a hard time with this- but know this is to budding a sweet baby boy that i know will be worth it. I will just have to become extra friendly with my stroller, salads, and these Green Acre hills whenever he graces us with his presence.
Despite all the body changes going on- I feel good- I have 13 weeks and 6 days until his due date and that in itself, is surreal enough. I quickly remind myself (when i complain about a back ache or muscle cramp) that it is all for a wonderful reason that I am forever grateful for.
Being pregnant is amazing.


OH & let me mention- I find myself loving Roy Oliver on a deeper much more extensive level, daily. My husband is going to be an amazing father. I really think were going to make a great pair or parents. Or at least I hope/pray.


Until next time, Enjoy! :)




1 comment:

  1. I just cried and laughed at the same time. I just need to read these at home from now on!

    ReplyDelete