Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Being Thankful Everyday.



In the past week so much has happened. A sweet life lost way too soon, a family left to grieve, and a small town brought to their knees; all in the week we are supposed to be thankful for everything we have.

When you think about being thankful; there are so many things that we forget about. Its not about the material things. Its about being thankful for the things that actually matter.
I once saw this quote that said:
 "What if you woke up tomorrow with only 
the things you thanked God for yesterday?"

Such a powerful thought. I decided (although a week late) to write a little on what I am thankful for.  I was driving home today, listening to K-Love & the all of the things I am so fortunate and thankful to have crossed my mind and were laid so heavily on my heart, so I figured I would come to my new-found "journal' and 'write' a few down.

First and foremost I am thankful for God. For the fact that he so graciously offered up his own sons life so that I, along with so many others can live for eternity in heaven. I cannot imagine sacrificing my son for a world of nation's. But God did it so selflessly.
 ["For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."- John 3:16] 

 I am thankful to come home everyday to a husband who is my soul-mate and best friend.  There is no doubt that God handpicked him for me--- and me for him. He is my strength on days that I sometimes feel completely and utterly exhausted.

  ["I have found the one my soul loves" Song of Solomon 3:4] ;

 I am so thankful for 26 weeks of a healthy pregnancy.  When we first found out we were pregnant we had a scare that my progesterone was too low to maintain the pregnancy (so after 8 weeks of progesterone) they realized my little trooper was going to stick around and decided to take me off the pills. I remember being so devastated at that time. Now as I look back and feel my sweet boy doing lay-ups and quarterback sacks in my tummy I can't help but be thankful. God has blessed us so much. There are so many people who are unable to conceive and I have come to realize that it is such a blessing to Roy and me that we were chosen to be able to have a child. Everyday I am so thankful for one more healthy day of pregnancy. 

[ "Everything good comes from God. Every perfect gift is from him. These good gifts come down from the Father who made all the lights in the sky." -James 1:17];  

I am thankful for faith, grace, trust, and devotion. I am thankful for a job that allows me to be home every night with my husband, thankful for an awesome boss and wonderful co workers. I am thankful for my profession and the fact that God gave me patience and compassion to take care of people when they need it the most. 

I am thankful for life.

Life is so short. In the blink of an eye its over and gone. I have had so much perspective placed into my life here lately and for that, I am thankful. 

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."
-1 Thessalonians 5:18


UNTIL NEXT TIME- ENJOY! 




OH, & PS- I CANT LET YOU OFF THE HOOK WITH NOT EVEN A TAD BIT OF SARCASTIC HUMOR: 

I HAVE ALSO DECIDED TO START DOING A LITTLE "MOM-TO-BE" WRITE UP EACH DAY JUST COVERING WHAT ALL BABY HAYDEN IS DOING, CRAVING, LOVING. WE WILL SEE HOW THIS GOES. :) I WILL START WITH THAT TOMORROW ALONG WITH MY RANT ABOUT TOUCHING MOM-TO-BE BELLYS AND COMMENTS THAT YOU SHOULDN'T SAY TO A HORMONE INFESTED PREGNANT WOMEN. ([FAIR WARNING TO ALL YOU CUTE/SWEET LITTLE ELDERLY LADIES THAT SEEM TO HAVE EXEMPT YOURSELF FROM THE ONCE UPON A TIME PREGNANCY CLASS AND FEEL THAT YOU CAN SAY, TOUCH, GLARE AT ANYTHING-SO BE PREPARED.]) HAHA. 



THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR: 




No comments:

Post a Comment