Friday, February 8, 2013

NINE MONTHS PREGNANT

Who thought it would be funny to say women are only nine months pregnant? Its not a very good joke. Women are actually 10 months pregnant. Yes. Ten out of the sole 12 months of the year women share their bodies with another human being. Totally worth it, dont get me wrong, but please give us credit for 10 months. Not nine.(HA-HA) Give credit where credit is due, folks!

We went to the doctor Tuesday, February 5th and had a BPP (Bio physical profile). This measures the baby, weighs him, checks all his little body parts, and mine as well. My cervix has shortened from 3.9 cm to 2.7 (YAY), my cervix is super soft and favorable, im dilated right @ 3, and Hayden weights approx 6.3lbs. (DO THE MATH)- @ this rate by 40 weeks he could be a minimum of 9-10lbs. SO, doc says we are to come back next week (the 12th) and be re-checked. She is going to do a procedure called stripping the membranes (google it) and send us walking around Meridian for the day, then we are to come back and see if any progress has been made. Usually, when the cervix is favorable, doing the procedure causes labor/delivery to be prominent within 48 hours. Crossing our fingers that we will be admitted Tuesday night and see our sweet baby by Valentines Day.

What better gift on a day that exemplifies love to receive!?
Please pray for us. This momma has been super emotional. I am so ready to see my precious baby boy but I know the days of Roy and me cuddled up and spending one on one time is coming quickly to a close. I have been so thankful for the time we have spent together here lately. I know that my love for my husband will grow tremendously and on a different level. I am looking forward to that!

Please be in prayer for us that the after the procedure that Hayden will come on out and meet the world and all the wonderful people that are going to love him!!


Tid-Bits:
How big is baby? Approx 6.3lbs 

Weight gain/loss? Gained 2 pounds. I have been loving some food here lately. :/ 


Movement: 
The movements feel like huge waves in my belly. 
The movement that is more noticeable are the contractions I have been having. They have been strong (just not regular). 

Food cravings
Special K red berry cereal? Crazy, right? I could eat bowl after bowl of it. HAHA
Belly button: Still an Innie

What I miss:   
Feeling good. I am achey, my back hurts pretty badly, my legs are sore from the weight of th baby- BUTTTTT now that the complaining is behind us- HAHA- Its going to be worth it. 
What I'm looking forward to? 

My next Doctors appointment. It may be the last time I write on my pregnancy. Hopefully my blog will turn into a MOMMY blog! :) 

Mommy reflections: 
The anxieties of labor are starting to creep slowly into my mind. I know that millions of women do it over and over again, so It can't be that bad- Plus the end result will be so worth it. I know that the baby in my arms will void out all the discomfort of the pregnancy and all the pain of the labor. Gods miracle business at its best. A Child. How could I complain after receiving that gift? 

Every good, wonderful, and perfect thing is from above. -James 1:17

Also, I don't know if any of you had the pleasure of meeting Jack Cleary but he was a wonderful christian man who loved God, Alabama football, his precious wife, Helen, and he loved to whistle and sing. He is one of the sweet little men I have been able to get to know since my move to Butler. Mr Jack passed away in December and his sweet wife brought us a little gift the other day for the baby. In it (another favorite of mine) was a little Volkswagen hippy bus. Mr Jack had these little cars- Helen left us a little note on it- and I found myself extremely emotional. I loved Mr. Jack and am so thankful that the baby has something from him. (I am attaching pictures below).


I am going to attach some photos. Please be in prayer for doors to open for Roy and I. For us to know what door to walk through and what one should close. 
Please be in prayer for a successful procedure next Tuesday because we are so ready to meet Hayden! 

Until Next time, Enjoy!

How amazing is God!?
This is me 15 weeks pregnant on the left & 36 weeks pregnant on the right. 



The car from Mrs. Helen

Sweet little note. #cherishedgifts.


2 comments:

  1. Tomorrow is the day! Time is counting down! Should I expect a mommy-to-be post after tomorrow or a mommy and daddy brought baby home post?! I am excited for yall! Praying all goes well, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! We do not know. Such anticipation with the "stripping membranes" procedure. In my situation it should work pretty quickly and definitely within 2 days. BUT theres always a slight change it couldnt work as well. PRAY PRAY PRAY it works! We are so ready to meet our baby boy!

    ReplyDelete