Since 30 weeks pregnant ( December 29th) I have been on bed rest, taking a medicine called Procardia (to stop contractions), and just about miserable. However, I learned really quick in this pregnancy- you do whatever it is to keep your baby safe. It is the motherly instinct at work instantly.
On Tuesday, January 29th, I was taken off bed rest, Procardia, and allowed to 'do as I please'.
I am still between 2-3 cm dilated, my cervix is super soft, and Hayden is ready whenever we are. I got one shot of Celestone (steroid to 'jump start' the LH hormone in his lungs (make them develop quicker) and had the second shot on Wednesday morning.
Doc says whenever Hayden gets ready, he can come. I think Roy is getting more anxious than me. He is so ready to meet his son. It is such a blessing to have such a Godly man for my son to look up to in his life. He is such an amazing and strong person.
We finally got the carseat installed in the car (which was so exciting) and everyone but Roy Oliver has their bag packed. [I am going to have to do this, I am too OCD]. HA-HA.
My diaper bag came in & I am obsessed with it. It is a Kalencom in Doodlebug print. I have all of Hayden's sweet little items in it. Im working on the post for this. I figured it would be good to throw out there Hospital necessities for Mom, Dad, & baby. (No promises but, I may try to get to this tomorrow).
I have switched up his hospital outfits as well as his coming home outfit (I received an outfit at the shower that I absolutely adore).
His room is in order and aside form the pack in play and swing in the corner, everything has a place, believe it or not.
His drawers are full and his closet is covered in baby items floor to ceiling as well as clothes from one side to the other. This baby is so blessed.
I cannot wait for him to see how much people love him already!
Food cravings: You will never guess it. Yes, Chinese food. I do not know what is wrong with me. I crave it so much. It never gets old. Maybe its the indulgence in so much salt?? Or the soy sauce, or crab ragoon, or egg rolls, or seseame chicken, or the lo mein..or the....GEEEEEZ, I am craving it again. Great.
What I'm looking forward to?
My next Doctors appointment. We will get a B.P.P (Bio physical profile). We will check all my levels, the babys positioning, and his weight. If he is upper percentile on weight we will more than likely schedule an induction. WHOOOOO. Fingers crossed.
Mommy reflections:
His room is in order and aside form the pack in play and swing in the corner, everything has a place, believe it or not.
His drawers are full and his closet is covered in baby items floor to ceiling as well as clothes from one side to the other. This baby is so blessed.
I cannot wait for him to see how much people love him already!
Tid-Bits:
How big is baby? weight- about size of a coconut! Although his momma is looking and feeling like a beached whale- I know this means he is healthy. So momma has to deal.
Weight gain/loss? Lost 2 lbs. Can I get a hallelujah?
Weight gain/loss? Lost 2 lbs. Can I get a hallelujah?
Movement:
Movement has slowed some. I still get some really good jabs every now and then but the doctor says they get to this point when they are about ready, plus its not like he has much more room to squirm and worm. He has stretched me to the MAX. :) Food cravings: You will never guess it. Yes, Chinese food. I do not know what is wrong with me. I crave it so much. It never gets old. Maybe its the indulgence in so much salt?? Or the soy sauce, or crab ragoon, or egg rolls, or seseame chicken, or the lo mein..or the....GEEEEEZ, I am craving it again. Great.
Belly button: Still an Innie
What I miss:
Rest. I dont sleep too well at night and when I do, I wake up with crampy legs and when I try to roll over to my side/back- I either 1. cannot breathe or 2. pull every muscle in my stomach. Lovely. But, so worth it.
What I'm looking forward to?
Mommy reflections:
It has become very surreal this week. I cannot tell you how many times I have looked at Roy and said "I am a little scared" or "Can you believe we are going to be parents?". He always grabs me, holds me, and says "I know and I cannot wait". He is going to be such a huge help. How spoiled am I to not have 1, but 2 Vice men that are going to love me so much!??
**Thanks to all the prayers yall have given and continue to give to our family. They are breaking through and God is surely and faithfully opening doors for us.
I LOVE to see God work. He is amazing.**
I am going to attach some pictures.
Until next time, Enjoy!
**Thanks to all the prayers yall have given and continue to give to our family. They are breaking through and God is surely and faithfully opening doors for us.
I LOVE to see God work. He is amazing.**
I am going to attach some pictures.
Until next time, Enjoy!
| 35 wks 1 day. |
| I have more breathing room! He is dropping even more. |
| Changing table together & organized!! |
| Log Truck from RT (He hasnt decided on a name yet) & Monogrammed letters my sister had made! Arent they precious? |
| His little dresser area. |
| Above the changing table. The cross is sitting on Roy Olivers bible when he was little. its precious moments and i love it. |
| The infamous rocker I still get emotional over. The camo blanket is from Haydens cousin Jackson. |
| Crib area. |
| So serene. I cannot wait to rock my sweet baby boy in here! |
No comments:
Post a Comment