Monday, April 29, 2013

Hayden's First Two Months

My entire pregnancy people continuously said "it will be here before you know it." "Just wait until he gets here, it will go by so fast." "He will be grown before you know it".


Well this morning I spent a little while sulking and crying and completely swooning over my now two month old baby. It literally feels like yesterday Roy and I were anxiously awaiting his arrival in room 373 at Rush Hospital. Now I am taking two month pictures of my baby. Now I am counting down the days that I go back to work (13 days, by the way). Today I am watching every movement, smile, and counting each breath and second with my sweet baby. Because yes, everyone was right, it flies by. 

I used to dread middle of the night feedings, or fussy nights, or waking up the next day just as tired as I was before I laid down the night before. 

This morning at 4:30 I woke up after my son decided to sleep for 6 hours straight (YAY) and although I was so happy and RESTED, I found myself a little sad as I gave him his bottle. This was the beginning of him not needing me as much as he did. 

He changes so much. 
He smiles at me now. & for someone who cannot say a word- I can tell how much he loves me (and its a lot) and that I am his entire world. He studies me all over. We have conversations (even if he has no idea what I am saying)- he smiles and stares at me as if he does.  We talk about all the things he could be when he grows up. I tell him how many people love him. I make sure he knows each day how amazing his Daddy is. I let him know how supportive and encouraging he is. How even though things and people have tried to tear him down- he still stands with his head held high. He is a role model & an excellent one at that.

I am learning to enjoy every second with Hayden. I now look at him and realize that tomorrow, I will never have this moment with him again. It will be a new one & I will never get those moments back again. He will be bigger-even if not noticeable right that moment. Pretty soon he will no longer need to be in my lap, or rocked to sleep, or kissed on his chubby cheeks until they are pink. Before I know it I will be loving on my sons children. Trying desperately to remember those small moments. 

Our life has changed so much. My life literally revolves around my husband and my son and I would not have it ANY OTHER WAY! 


I am going to try to keep this blog updated. For those of you that can continuously do this daily or even weekly more power to ya- you must not be a new mom. HAHA

I will leave you with some 'tid-bits' about Hayden. 


ONE MONTH TID BITS

Favorite food: Enfamil Gentlease & the breast 
How much I am eating: 3 oz every 4 hours plus Momma's milk
Favorite toy: His MAM pacifier
Weight: 7lbs 13 oz. (lost a good bit after birth)
Favorite bedtime routine: a warm bath, some good lotion, and a good book. 
Favorite time with Daddy: When he comes home and gets lots of loving
Favorite time with Mommy: Morning time- when he is in the best mood! 
New this month: Loves his swing 
Big changes: Circumcision 

TWO MONTH TID BITS

Favorite food: Enfamil Gentlease and breast milk (until 6 weeks)
How much I am eating: 5-6 oz every 3-4 hours
Weight: (not to sure- was 10lb 6 oz @ 6 weeks so im guessing around 11.5 pounds or so)
Favorite toy: Hayden LOVES his play mat and mobile on his swing. 
Favorite bedtime routine: Warm bath, rocking in the glider, and warm bottle
Favorite time with Daddy: Evening times curled up on Daddys lap- while he talks to me
Favorite time with Mommy- Morning times- we read a book (On the Night You were Born is our favorite) and time in our play mat. 
New this month: Hayden is cooing, following faces, swatting at his toys, and smiling (A-LOT). 
Big Changes- 6 weeks shots (he did great- hardly cried), and growing lots and lots of hair!
first smile captured on camera where he actually KNEW he was smiling and what he was smiling at


one month



two months 4-26-13
Growing so fast

Newborn photo- Andrea Graham Photography

Newborn photo- Andrea Graham Photography

Until Next time, ENJOY! 

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog sharing all of your special moments with your new love.. May God continue to bless you, Roy and little Hayden and tell Roy not to worry about what people say or think. He is being the best husband and daddy and working hard and that is what matters.. Love you guys.. Edna Bryant

    ReplyDelete